Recommended for Ages 5-12
This is for the people who have decided they want to dive head first into figure skating! They have often completed one semester of Intro to Figure Skating. This class runs until June and incorporates fitness and physical literacy training on the floor as well the ice.
Skaters who want to continue figure skating will be encouraged to join our Junior STARSkate program, which includes off-ice training, teambuilding and showcase events!
Junior STARSkate Program Goals
- To provide skaters a "full season" of figure skating in a welcoming and safe environment. This includes performance opportunities, teambuilding exercises, and a complete curriculum built to span 6-12 months
- To continue developing skating and motor skills through natural learning phases
- To use skill progression and repetition to introduce physical literacy and establish quality skating skills both on and off the ice. Skaters are also introduced to the importance of "off-ice" fitness and exercise
- To foster personal achievements and satisfaction through skill acquisition, reward and recognition by letting skaters finish the CanSkate Reward System and introduce the STARSkate Reward System
- To evoke an interest in life-long participation in skating and encourage skaters to be Active for Life
|Off-Ice Warm Up||4:45-5:00 PM||4:45-5:00 PM||9:30-9:45 AM|
|On-Ice Class Session||5:15-6:15 PM||5:15-6:15 PM||10:00-11:00 AM|
|Off-Ice Fitness & Physical Literacy||6:30-7:15 PM||6:30-7:15 PM||11:15-12:00 PM|