"Off-Ice training or “dryland training” as it is often called in other sports, is an integral part of all skater’s training from the time they enter the sport until the time their journey in the sport ends. As skaters progress higher in levels, the difficulty and demands of the sport increase in such a way that without this extra form of training skaters often become injured or fail to progress. Thorncliffe-Greenview is working hard to meet Skate Canada’s recommendations and will be providing new and improved classes for skaters to participate in this season!
Please be advised that these classes are considered mandatory by the TGISC coaching staff. Continual absences from these classes could result not only in missed opportunities, but also injury and failure to meet the standard of competition and test.
Instructor for Strength & Stretch
Currently studying engineering at the University of Calgary
- NCCP Level 1 trained rhythmic gymnastics coach. Currently getting certified
- First Aid Certified
- 5 years rhythmic gymnastics training in Chinook Rhythmic Gymnastics Club
- 6 years coaching experience in rhythmic/artistic gymnastics and ballet
- Currently pursuing a completion in rhythmic gymnastics judging courses
Instructor for Conditioning
Karen’s passion for fitness started in 2008 when she walked into her first group fitness dance class. She was hooked by the energy, the moves and how great she felt afterward. This inspired her to become certified as a Group Fitness Instructor in 2009. Since then she’s had the opportunity to teach numerous formats of group classes such as: Cardio, Core and Bootcamps. In 2013 Karen became certified in Indoor Cycling and has been leading classes in musical rides through hills, mountains, and sprints.
To add to her repertoire, Karen became certified in TRX Group Suspension and obtained her Personal Training certification. Recently she also obtained her Barre certification.
Throughout her journey, Karen has always believed that fitness of the mind, body and soul is an ongoing process, which you can accomplish one step at a time!
Be Healthy, Happy and Strong
Instructor for Theatrical Workshops
Alison has been working professionally in Canadian theatre for over fifteen years. She has worked all across the country at theatres such as The Citadel, The Arts Club, Western Canada Theatre, The Belfry, Thousand Islands Playhouse and many more. A Jessie Award winning performer, she has also co-produced a number of critically acclaimed, chamber style musicals and a handful of Cabaret evenings. Favorite roles include “Maria” in the Sound of Music, “Patsy” in A Closer Walk With Patsy Cline, “Dorothy” in The Wizard of Oz, and “Suzy” in the Canadian premier of the Marvelous Wonderettes. Recently, she released her first album, I’m Moving Along – a compilation of 1950s and 60s tunes!
She has taught musical theatre & theatre workshops to children of all ages. She is a graduate of Red Deer College’s Theatre Performance Program, The Canadian College of Performing Arts and The Citadel/Banff Professional Theatre Program.
Off-Ice Conditioning & Program Component/GOE Specialist
Bachelor of Physical Education with Specialization in Coaching Studies (University of Alberta)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology - Certified Personal Trainer
- Founder of Podium Performance Training - Figure Skating Fitness and Assessments
- Skate Canada National Coach (formerly Level 3) Analyze Technical and Tactical Performance Course and numerous Multi-Sport Courses completed
- Skate Canada Provincial Coach (formerly Level 2) Trained Status
- Skate Canada Primary StarSkate (formerly Level 1) Certified
- Skate Canada CEP Gold Status 2012-2016
- Skate Canada Triple Gold Award
- 6 years full-time coaching experience including 2 years in Sweden and an extensive mentorship at the Royal Glenora Club
- Program Components and Conditioning Coach of Swedish National Competitors and Alberta Winter Games Champion
- Coaches Rep for 2017/2018 Season
- Private lesson rate for the 2017/2018 season = $13.00/15 minutes
Certified Full Comprehensive Pilates Instructor
I am Travis Thibeault, the owner and founder of Pure Pilates inc. I am a Certified Full Comprehensive Pilates Instructor. As the Owner and Instructor, I bring my own approach which reflects my certifications, on-going professional development, experience, movement background and personal style.
I have been a student of fitness all my life. Sports ingrained in me the importance of a healthy lifestyle. A career in masonry lead to a life of pain and imbalances in my body.
A friend introduced me to Pilates in 2001 and I was hooked. I became certified in the Pilates method in 2003 and have been teaching ever since.
I am a living example and walking testament to the benefits of Pilates. Pure Pilates inc. emerged through my passion for fitness combined with leadership and communication skills. Pilates has given me a new lease on life and freedom in my body. I feel privileged to share my enthusiasm for Pilates with others. Pilates has opened doors and opportunities I never dreamed possible and I feel truly blessed to share the benefits of Pilates with others.